Porch Owner Registration
(Registration closes on April 1st.)For this first Newton PorchFest, all locations in Auburndale are welcome! We’re limiting this to one Newton location for this inaugural PorchFest. We hope to build on what we learn for future years. Your porch, lawn or even driveway is our stage - thanks for helping make this a successful event. We will place musical acts strategically throughout the neighborhood(s), but we are open to porch hosts hosting other activities; lemonade stands, games (like chess and checkers), children’s activities, or anything else you can think of.
Here are general “Porch” requirements, though please also see our FAQ page
- Designated outdoor area on your private property that can accommodate musicians and guests. Porches are great, but any outdoor space will work
- Private property only please. Unfortunately, we’re not able to use rented space.
- Coordinate with the musical group regarding the logistics of the performance
- Help welcome the band upon arrival; be a gracious host to festival attendees
- Communicate with neighbors regarding the performance to boost attendance and to avoid complaints about noise.
- Help promote the event in the weeks leading up to June 2 to family, coworkers and friends
- This is an all-ages, alcohol-free event. Your help is appreciated in keeping the event viable and safe for everyone.
Thanks for making the first Newton PorchFest happen!