Porch Owner Registration
(Registration closes on April 1st.)For this second Newton PorchFest, locations in Auburndale, Lower Falls & Waban are welcome! We're expanding to three locations in Newton this year, and will consider expanding further in future years.
Your porch, lawn or even driveway is our stage - thanks for helping make this a successful event. We will place musical acts strategically throughout the neighborhood(s), but we are open to porch hosts hosting other activities; lemonade stands, games (like chess and checkers), children’s activities, or anything else you can think of.
Here are general “Porch” requirements, though please also see our FAQ page
- Designated outdoor area on your private property that can accommodate musicians and guests. Porches are great, but any outdoor space will work
- Private property only please. Unfortunately, we’re not able to use rented space.
- Coordinate with the musical group regarding the logistics of the performance
- Help welcome the band upon arrival; be a gracious host to festival attendees
- Communicate with neighbors regarding the performance to boost attendance and to avoid complaints about noise.
- Help promote the event in the weeks leading up to June 1 to family, coworkers and friends
- This is an all-ages, alcohol-free event. Your help is appreciated in keeping the event viable and safe for everyone.
- Make sure you're home during the event, in case the musical group needs anything.
Thanks for making the first Newton PorchFest happen!